In our Dips section, we cannot avoid Pesto. This is a fresh, nutritious, and healthy dip that is also used as a sauce that comes perfect with pastas. The traditional pesto recipes are based on cashews, penauts or even breadcrumbs. However, I have been doing pesto with hemp seeds, and the results are so good.
Why I use hemp seeds instead?
Because it is a good source of plant protein, fatty acids, omega-3, omega-6, antioxidants, and vitamin E. Also, because they are source of fibre can can improve our gut bacteria, then we are enjoying this prep whilst we are having many benefits.
Yield 2 cups (enough to have with two pasta dishes or so good amount of dip to share with a Whole-grain or gluten free bread)
- 1 Cup of Hemp Seeds (you can also use toasted cashews, penauts or breadcrumbs)
- 250ml of Extravirgin olive oil.
- 1 Garlic clove.
- 1 Cup full of basil leaves.
- 1/2 Cup of baby spinach leaves.
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt.
- 4 Table spoons of grated Parmesan cheese (if you want a began version, avoid this ingredient).
- Blend or chop the Hemps Seeds with the Extravirgin Olive Oil, and the Garlic Clove (use a stick mixer, chopper bowl, blend or similar).
- Add to the mix, the Basil Leaves, the Baby Spinach Leaves, two pinches of Salt and some Pepper.
- When the leaves are good mixed, add the Parmesan Cheese and continue mixing.
- Try and check the seasoning, if you need some more Salt or Pepper, add little bit more until you reach the taste you like.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.