This is a very popular recipe in Argentina, and today we are trying the Gluten-free version. The taste of the quince paste will make you happy, we are sure!
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 60g raw brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 300g gluten-free flour
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g quince paste
- Put que quince paste into a small sauce pan with 30ml of water and warm them up on low heat, mix with a wooden spoon and break it down until get a uniform paste, keep mixing and warm.
- While the quince paste is warming up, and when the butter is room temperature, put it into a bowl, and cream it with the sugar using a whisk or a wooden spoon until fluffy.
- Add the egg, the zest of a lemon, and mix until it is combine with the butter and the sugar.
- Sieve the gluten-free flour on the bowl, and keep mixing until combine it. you will know that the dough is ready when it is compact.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Split the dough into two equal balls. Spread little bit of gluten-free flour on a flat surface and roll out the balls on the floured surface making two cylinders of 2cm diameter about.
- Cut the cylinders into 6 slices and make the cookies shape with each slice. Press on top making a hole and filled with the quince paste.
- Grab a tray, put some baking paper or a silicone baking mat on it and then place the cookies over it.
- Bake the cookies during 25 mins at 180C.
- Enjoy this beautiful cookies!
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.