How do you cook eggplant? Roasted, baked, grilled. There are many eggplant recipes, here there is another way to enjoy eggplant. Make it as baked steaks.
Ingredients / Yield 2 portions
- 2 Eggplants.
- 20 ml soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
- 10 ml extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 clove garlic.
- 50 g hemp seeds.
- 30 g fine polenta.
- pinch of salt.
- pinch of pepper.
- Wash and cut each eggplant into three fillets, then make some holes in the middle of the fillet.
- Place into a cup the olive oil, mixing with the soy or teriyaki sauce and one chopped garlic clove.
- using a spoon or a brush, spread the mix on the fillets making sure the sauce goes into the holes as well.
- Place the polenta, hemps seeds, salt and pepper on a plate, tray or container and mix them.
- While the eggplant fillets are wet from the sauce mix, working with 1 eggplant at the time, dredge in the mix, coating it with the mix.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Transfer the eggplant fillets to a baking paper-lined tray.
- Bake the fillets for 30 to 35 minutes.
Serve your fillets with some garden salad and/or rice, and enjoy!
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.