The easiest cheese to make at home! It is very satisfiying to make your own cheese. This one is very fresh, and usually with less fat and salt than other cheeses. You can make it and keep it in your fridge for more recipes, like cheesecakes, desseerts, pastas, lasagnas, salads, or to spread on your toasties.
Doing this cheese at home you will save money, due to buy it in the market is much more expensive, but also you will be enjoy your own fresh cheese.
Ingredients / 700g
- 2L full-fat milk
- 200 ml cream
- 10 g salt
- 45ml apple cider vinegar
- Put the milk, cream and salt into a pan or pot over low heat until get 90C. A culinary termometer can be useful, if you do not have, just keep the milk over the heat until it start to produce small bubbles like foam, without boiling it.
- When it reaches the temperature, remove from the heat and whisk adding the apple cider vinegar.
- Leave it uncover during 20 minutes to rest undisturbed.
- Place the pot again over low heat until steam forms, you can move gentle the liquid with some wooden spoon or a whisk until curds develop. Avoid boiling.
- When curds appear, remove from the heat, line a colander with a cheesecloth, coffee filter or a kitchen multipurpose cloth, place the colander over a large pot or a bowl and put the curds and the whey to strain.
- When is strained and cold, your cheese is ready to use, you can store it into a clean container in the fridge, and enjoy it during some days.
Look for more recipes that include ricotta and use it, or just enjoy it as a dip or in your salads.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.