Pineapple and Green Chilli are very good friends. The smell and taste of this sauce are amazing! As a fermented sauce, this one is rich in probiotic bacteria. So, if you like spicy food, this recipe was made for you!
- 60g Green Chilli.
- 30g sprout garlic or 5 garlic cloves.
- 120g pineapple.
- 1/2 lemon.
- 1 tea spoon turmeric.
- 2 table spoon honey.
- Cut that pineapple into small pieces.
- Peel the lemon, remove the seeds, and cut it into small pieces.
- Cut the garlic sprouts or peel the garlic cloves, and cut them into small pieces.
- Remove the seeds from the chillies, it is not necessary to remove all of them but remove as much as possible.
- Preserve the seeds, don’t toss them. Plant your own chillies, or give them to someone who can enjoy growing plants.
- Place all the ingredients in a preservation jar and cover them with water.
- Ferment the ingredients for 7 days at room temperature, and keep an eye on it. Every day, open the jar to allow the gases to come out, it means to burp it. Cover the jar and shake it gently to cover the ingredients with the liquid. After day 5 it is possible it produce lots of gas, so open once or twice per day.
- On the seventh day, open the bottle, sieve the ingredients, keeping the water.
- Blend the ingredients and add 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 2 spoons of honey, and blend again. If you want a runny sauce, add a little bit more water and blend again.
- Place the sauce in a preserving jar.
- It is ready to eat with your meals.
- If you want to ferment this sauce for 7 more days, keep it at room temperature opening it every day. The taste is going to be so much better!